Thursday, May 31, 2007

#9 Learning Experience

This class once again has been an eye-opening experience (Brain Opening Also). I have not ever applied myself and tried to become computer literate.. I have always had my youngest two daughters around the house to bail me out..My previous job as actual Teacher in the prison system, (Vocational Teacher) did not involve much interaction with the computer..The prison system is scared of computers, so big brother is always watching all you do!!!! Previously, it was a rare occasion that I would even check my e-mail. I still have issues with operating a cell phone!!
My new position as the Guidance Counselor, I am on the computer all day long..I was forced to adapt and learn new skills, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks..And it is hard for that old dog to remember new tricks..(premature alzheimers). Now at work and home, I do not have my daughters around to help me at a moments notice..
Thanks to my new friends, John and Jeff, and YES FAWN, I have aquired many new skills and I finally am not scared to attempt to fix something or do a little exploration and find something on my own..Thank you Fawn for this class that awakened my new abilites and skills that I plan on expanding and enhancing..the Website Design is going to be of particular help with new position as a landlord..I am going to develope a web-site for Dygert-Rentals.com, I currently have an interest in three properties..Two Doubles and My summer home at Lake Erie, on Catawba Island.. I plan on renting theis summer home out to people for vacation purposes..I plan on building an Real Estate nest egg...
Once again thank you for teaching this old dog with broken feet and shoulder new tricks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: